18 August 2009

I'm officially a Fang-Banger: Step One is admitting I have a problem.


I want to pretend that I'm just this normal, everyday, average girl who goes about life in a serious & responsible manner. (*I can hear my friends laughing at that statement already*).

I want to pretend that I don't get madly...deeply...obsessed by a T.V. show and turn into this 14 year old fangrrl with vivid fantasies. (*Again, I can hear my friends lying over this blatent lie*).

But I must confess. I am insanely obsessed with the brilliant HBO Series True Blood.

I suspected as much when I went to my aunts house and spent two solid days watching Season One on D.V.D. What makes this story even sadder is that I booked a hair appointment as an excuse to go to my aunt's place to watch it and TOOK THE DAY OFF WORK under the pretense of a hair cut. I did have the hair cut btw. But that was after we watched the series from 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday until 5:00 a.m. on Thursday watching the show.

So how do I know I am officially a Fang-Banger? Let us examine the symptoms.


  • Downloading the theme song "Bad Things" by Jace Everett after doing a CD store run to see if I could buy it.

  • Buying Book One and Two of the "Sookie Stackhouse Books" by Charlaine Harris but only with the HBO Covers.

  • Renting the rest of the books out from the library

  • Rewatching my favourite Eric/Bill/Sookie scenes on the weekend

  • Madly e-mailing everyone under the sun, or discussing it with everyone under the sun, about the show.

  • A newfound interest in Civil War History (which if you watch the show you will understand why).....and watching the Ken Burns Civil War Documenatary on PBS

  • Adding Sweden to your must travel list (after you visit Louisiana of course).

  • Reading every blog on-line and adding input to the "Twilight vs True Blood" debates (which there is no debate...it's True Blood all the way).

  • Leaving a Bridal Shower early so that you can go to your aunts to watch the latest episode of True Blood (and getting your aunt to drive into town to pick you up).

  • Alternating between sighing and crying over the latest episode of True Blood.

  • Spending your work days on You Tube watching episode clips and fan-tributes.

  • Wondering what synthetic true blood tastes like. Wondering if we can buy it...lol.

  • Rescheduling your time off so you can watch the next episode.

  • Look into adding HBO to your tv just for the one show.

  • Picking sides in the Eric vs Bill debates. (*Squeee...Eric).

I have it bad my friends. I have many other symptoms that I don't want to admit to. Let's just say that I will probably need an intervention after this season is over.

So I will leave you with this tribute video to watch. It's fantastic!!!... (and yes...before you ask...I did also request the Thriving Ivories from my library...sigh).




10 comments:

Joanna said...

Although I haven’t yet taken time off work to watch TV, I’m sure it won’t be long, hehe. And don’t worry, Dani -- we all have our guilty television-viewing pleasures. (I once blogged about my love for The Real Housewives of Orange County....)

So how long do you think it’ll be before the True Blood Conventions (a la Trekkie-style) start popping up all over the Midwest??

Dani said...

Hehe..well if they do, guess who will fly to the mid-west. I need a vacay anyways. LOLZ.

Anonymous said...

Wait, Dani, you haven't heard! Alan Ball, the guy who created the show (not the original writer, but he started it for TV) announced that there's gonna be some kind of drink that's in the Tru Blood bottles that the vamps drink the synthetic blood from. Now I've seen about 3 minutes of the show so I don't know what they look like, but I heard it on the InterWebs and thought I'd tell you!

Dani said...

O. M. G.

SQUEEEEEEEEE! Me wants.

Cori said...

HBO is worth it for True Blood alone, I swear.

Eric made me cry like a baby this week. Then Godric made me cry more.

Dani said...

Agreed Cori. In fact, I am adding HBO to my TV channels. That's $16.00/month worth of happiness right there.

And yah..I cried like a total baby this week.

Elizabeth said...

Godric ruled. and there is no Bill / Eric debate in my mind.

Bill can freaking leave the show for all I care. Mmmmmmmmmm Eric.

Dani said...

Agreed Mary. :)

Mmmm. Eric. That scene with Eric in bed was d'lish.

Cannot wait to buy Season 2 watch the episodes I missed.

Cori said...

I second Mary's motion.

Bah, Bill. All he's got going for him right now is the 'Sookay' drinking game.

Oh, and Dani, I have all the season 2 episodes on HBO on Demand, so if we can make time sometime, you could come over and watch them.

Dani said...

Ooh Cori! I would very much like that!

I like having enablers to feed my True Blood addiction. LOL!