15 May 2010

Eighties Song Saturday: Human

This song has haunted my nights. Literally and Figuratively.

When I was working at Safeway, and I had to work night crew shits. When you work during the day, you only tend to hear the music during the quiet times. But at night, with no one around, you hear it all night long. Now if there was one thing I was grateful for was that Safeway didn't play musak. However, they did play a nice calming montage of easy listening songs from the 70's to the 90's. And if you all know me, you know that I LOVE EIGHTIES MUSIC.

This particular song would come on every night at exactly 1:12 a.m. and again at 6:12 a.m. I loved it, and I recognized it from a tune played in happier days. I would occasionally hear it in the car, usually when I was furthest away from a computer. I would lay there in the morning just before I had to get up for work, and Joe 92.5 would have it on. But of course, they never said after wards who it was (an annoying radio trend).

So last night, lying in bed, drifting off to sleep, I heard it on the radio. And I had enough! I had to run to the computer, log onto the radio, go to their play list and find out who sang this song that has haunted me for so many years. Well haunt me no more!

So without further ado, I present "Human" by Human League. (*And sorry, I can't embed the actual video)

No comments: