15 February 2010

A Day with the Catz



So as some of you know, I am currently cat sitting. I love cats. And if I remain as single as I am, I may very well invest in the Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kit.


So I am cat-sitting two cats right now. A tabby and a tortiseshell. It's been so long since the owner left ( 1.5 months left to go) that they think I am now their rightful owner. Sadly, that also means that any amount of fear, reverence or respect has left the building.

Today, on my day off from work, I thought I would sleep in. Maybe watch some tv. Go on the internet. Be lazy.

Well with two cats...here is how my day ACTUALLY has gone so far.

8:35 am: Meow....ruffle ruffle...meow.....pat pat...meow.....breathe in my nostril air...meow.....meow...ruffle ruffle...meow...meow....meow...meow...meow...meow... "SHUT UP"...scurrry...quiet....ruffle ruffle...ruffle ruffle...pat pat...knead ...pat pat...MEOW. MEOOOW..MEEOOWWW.

8:45 am: Stumble out of bed..go to bathroom first....*mistakenly* shut door...meow...meow..scratch scratch..meow..meow...open door...they come in for cuddles while I am on toilet....one cat jumps up on toilet to watch the flush go down while the other scurry's because the toilet monster has roared.

8:50 am: Stumble to cat food area.... Cats prance and leap as if they have never been fed a day in their lives....open dry food bag...slap one cat away for sticking head into dry food bag....pour food in dish..they sniff..take two bites and scurry off...buggers.

Rest of day: Play with cat, pet cat, change litter *barf*, play with cats, pet cats, look at cats be cute, look at cats be bad, yell at cats, yell at cats to move out of the way while the Olympics are on, be promptly ignored.

Even as I type, the tabby is doing figure 8's around my leg. The swedish judge likes it but the russian deducted 5 points for lack of coordination.

Well at least there is one trick they can do well...I yell "IGNORE ME"...and they do.




1 comment:

Girl in Carolina said...

OH I have 3 and I'm pretty sure that makes me qualified to run for the Crazy Cat Lady contest!!! UGH lol